One Year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Executive): Specialization - Operations
The purview of Operations Management ranges from strategic to tactical and operational
levels. OM deals with the design and management of products, processes, services
and supply chains. It deliberates the procurement, development, and utilization
of resources that company need to deliver the goods and services their clients need.
The content of the course is designed with the aim of to stay a step ahead of companies’
current needs, giving learners the knowledge, skills and perspectives they need
to create value for their firms in the future.
- To improve purchasing and material management skills
provide a balance between purchasing and supply expertise and general business knowledge
- To disseminate new methods and techniques in areas of inventory and material
- To teach how to leverage supply chain management
- To develop a fundamental understanding of basic flows and process orientation
- To present an effective design of a supporting organisational structure
- To explain the role of enabling technology in strategic management of supply
- To develop necessary insights into the management information
systems required for smooth functioning of material and logistics management in
Graduation with 3 years of Full Time work Experience.
The programme is aimed towards professional requirement of working executive, self
employed and fresh students who have special interest in the subject.
- The One Year PGDM Executive Program is covered in two semesters.
- There are 10 Core Subjects, 2 electives and a project work at in the second
- The electives have to be chosen from the choice given in
that area and the project dissertation has to be submitted in that area as well.
- The second semester will be devoted to dissertation in area of specialization.