IMT CDL evaluation system has two components: Assignment (30 marks) and End Term Examination (70 marks). To be declared as Pass 40 marks in aggregate (assignment and ETE combined) in each subject is mandatory. Students will be assessed at the end of every semester with an assignment submission and examination. The examination will be held at IMT CDL Campus.
The students will also have the facility of improving their scores by reappearing in any subject with the applicable exam fee. With the end term exams the schedule for other subjects will also be announced where the student will be able to reappear for the subject he/she wishes to.
The weightage would be End Term Examination – 70% Assignments – 30%
The End-Term Examination (ETE) is held after every semester.
Components of ETE
The following components will comprise the ETE for each course:
. Analytical and conceptual comprehension through multiple choice questions
. Case or problem-solving exercises
At IMT Assignments are a very important aspect of the assessment system and an excellent tool for continuous evaluation. The Assignments are conducted at the end of the semester for each subject. The assignments get activated in the student information system at the end of the subject in the announced timelines. Students have to mandatorily submit their assignments before the commencement of the semester end exams.
The evaluation system of the programme is based on following components:
Passing criteria for students enrolled since July 2017 session:
- To be declared as ‘Pass’ in a course a student should secure 40% marks in aggregate (Assignments and ETE combined) with minimum 25 marks (35%) in ETE.
- Student has to attempt two assignments of 15 marks each. No minimum marks are to be secured in assignment to be declared as ‘Pass’ in a course.
- Project equivalent to two courses is to be submitted by the student in final semester in Two Year PGDM and 15months PGDM Program.
Passing criteria for students enrolled before July 2017 session:
- To be declared as ‘Pass’ in a course a student is required to secure 40% marks in aggregate (Assignments and ETE combined) with minimum 23 marks (33%) in ETE and 10 marks (33%) in Assignment
- Student has to attempt one assignment of 30 marks.
- Project equivalent to two courses is to be submitted by the student in final semester.
Mark Sheets are dispatched to the students after the declaration of the results including the assignment marks on an annual basis after completion of 1st and 2nd Year.
Marks Distribution and Passing Percentage
The students have to secure 33% marks in each subject for assignment and end semester examination, however, the total pass percentage would be 40% for each subject (assignment and end semester examination combined together).
Scholastic achievement is classified under three heads:
. Ist Division: Students with an aggregate percentage of 60% marks or above
. IInd Division: Students with an aggregate percentage of 50% marks and below 60% marks.
. IIIrd Division: Students with an aggregate percentage of 40% marks and below 50% marks.
Students aggregating less than 40% marks are declared as for Post-Graduate courses.